We are excited to offer one of the most advanced imaging techniques in dentistry: ConeBeam CT scanning, or CBCT/ 3D imaging. This allows us to create virtually 3 dimensional views of your teeth, face with just one scan. We can obtain high-quality, detailed information to diagnose and plan your treatment needs, to evaluate your teeth and jaw structures from literally every angle. Routine x-rays, on the other hand, produce a single flat/2D image with limited information. The CBC CT imaging system is a digital x-ray scanner that rotates once around your head while you stand or sit. The process is quick, simple, and completely painless. The scans produce images similar to CT scans, but use far less radiation. The applications in dentistry are limitless. We use these scans to provide the best treatment in dental implants, root canals, diagnosis of dental and facial pain, etc.
Common uses for the dental Conebeam CT scan include:
- Planning for placement dental implants.
- Planning some cosmetic dentistry and reconstructive procedures, such as inlays, on lays, crowns and veneers.
- Determining tooth orientation.
- Planning for root canals and bone grafts.
- Diagnosing temporomandibular joint disorder (TMJ).
- Detecting and treating jaw tumors.
- Prior to dental extractions
3D imaging makes it possible to plan and customize your care. You can have absolute confidence and satisfaction in the treatment you receive, knowing we've analyzed every problem with 3D technology.